[MPlayer-users] Re: Radeon frambuffer use if Radeon is not primary display?

Brian J. Murrell 687105fad9abaa5303ba75ac07a0aa60 at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Dec 13 20:27:19 CET 2001

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 08:11:19PM +0300, Nick Kurshev wrote:

> 1600x1200x3=5.7Mb if you want to have 30 fps you need have bandwidth=172.8Mb/sec

But the context here is in playing video streams.  What video streams
are 1600x1200 yet?  How soon do you expect to see them.  Not too soon
I would think.

> So not every PCI slot is good for that

For displaying video, yes, every PCI slot should be good.  Which is
exactly why I don't want to tie myself into AGP.  One slot only -- on
some MB's only.  If I don't need that kind of limitation, I don't want
to get tied into it.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell