[MPlayer-users] Re: Radeon frambuffer use if Radeon is not primary displThu Dec 13 01:29:45 2001

Brian J. Murrell a797f65000dd6305694abf9876b2b8c6 at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Dec 13 20:23:57 CET 2001

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 08:14:44PM +0300, Nick Kurshev wrote:

> Mach64?
> Is it joke?
> Well - it's good card for MPEG1, MPEG4 playback but not for DVD since only
> Rage128-Radeon have ADAPTIVE DEINTERLACING!!!

I suppose I might be interested in DVD playback at some time but I
have a DVD player currently so in the case of my PVR I can't see it
being a requirement.  Is ADAPTIVE DEINTERLACING the only reason you
think a Mach64 is a poor choice?

> (At least from ATI's card - I don't know about NVidia and Matrox;
> OTOH - Rage128 - Radeon have WORKING support of this feature in GATOS and my
> radeon_vid)

Funny enough, I do have a Mach64 in my machine currently -- a IIC:

00:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage IIC 215IIC [Mach64 GT IIC] (rev 3a)

It is PCI too.  Stock XFree86 does not support Xvideo on this puppy
but the Gatos drivers do.  I was pleased to see Xvideo working once I
replaced the XFree86 ati drivers with the Gatos ones.

But alas, I don't think there is framebuffer support for it, but more
importantly I cannot find any hint that it supports TV-Out, which I
most definately do need/want.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell