[MPlayer-users] Windows binary available yet?

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Sat Dec 15 10:44:45 CET 2001

It's the Question that drives us, Lasse K?rkk?inen / Tronic :
> With DivXG400 you'll get customizable subtitles, which can use that
So Windows is more Unix-like than Linux itself, because on Linux MPlayer
does all the things, on win you need many little utilities ;)

> G> Use WMP ! Lose dynamic postprocessing ! But you'll have 80% free CPU, yesss! ;)
> What's dynamic post-processing?
RTFM (you never did)

> Dynamically controlling post-processing level? No need for that, I'll just
> take the maximum.
Ah. So you have dual P4. Then use WMP.

> G> Use WMP ! Rely on Windows' stability !
> Never had halt/crash while watching AVI-movie. Had plenty of crashes

> G> Use WMP ! Install a whole AVI editing kit, at least 5 additional utilities, and
> G> you can play all your files !
> Wrong. Get w32codec-*.zip (yes, the MPlayer file, which is not supposed
> to work on Winblows), extract all codecs to c:\windows\system\ and use
> regsvr32 to install those.
... And? I meant buggy files (you can view them with virtualdub. Nice.
Does virtualdub support tvout/postprocessing/subtitles/...?).

> G> Use WMP ! Enjoy the randomly disappearing audio codecs from the codec window !
> None missing here. Have you been using WMP 7.0+?
Have you ever used WMP7 on some box slower than your P4 ?

> G> Use WMP ! You get (MUST) the newest M$ Explorer !
> I do have WMP 6.4 without any version of M$ Internet Explorer (I do

> G> Use WMP ! You don't have to (CAN'T) display file properties, like resolution !
> VirtualDub can suit my editing/tweaking needs.
Can virtualdub support asf/wmv ? :)

> My eyes can detect the resolution
Sorry for asking, T-800 .

> (no need to be exact there).
M$ tells the same things...

> G> Use WMP ! You can't keep a file open in VirtualDub and view it in WMP, thanks
> G> to wonderful Windoze file-locking !
> I can easily open file in VirtualDub and then open the same file in
What windows version? RTFM bugreports.html :)

> Actually I could also drag one or more of those windows to my secondary
> monitor and watch it there..
> Can you do this in Linux?
It's not an OS question. AFAIK actually you can do this in Linux/X on
a dualhead Savage4.
And I can use fast TVout using mga_vid, can view everything with no framedrop,
except DVD. For win I should buy a Cel2 700+ (now I have K6/2 500)

> Nope, on this box it's not possible to play even one movie without the sound
> skipping (thanks to that piece of shit Aureal driver).
RTFM -ao sdl

> Anyway, if you want to see "Babylon 5: In The Beginning" playing in
> three seperate windows, have a look at this "capture":
If you want to see even tiled displaying, have a look at the screenshots on the
homepage...

<moderator msg>
This is not wmp-users list. You can mail me if you want, but this list
is about MPlayer discussions/questions.
</moderator msg>

--
Gabucino