[MPlayer-users] GMPlayer?

Johan Ronström smekis at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 15 14:53:54 CET 2001

I've got a problem with the GUI in mplayer.

I use the -vo x11 and it works perfectly but I want to use skins so  I
reconfigured mplayer with --enable-gui (that worked) but when I 'maked' mplayer
it said:

============================
... mixer.c dvdauth.c spudec.c  dll_init.c 1>.depend
gcc: ./configure:: No such file or directory
gcc: gtk-config:: No such file or directory
gcc: command: No such file or directory
gcc: not: No such file or directory
gcc: found: No such file or directory
In file included from Gui/mplayer/play.h:5,
                 from mplayer.c:74:
Gui/mplayer/psignal.h:45: warning: #warning should we use SIGUSR1 or SIGUSR2 on
linux, bsd, ... too?
make[1]: *** [depend] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/aura/MPlayer-0.50'
make: *** [version.h] Error 2

=============================

Then I downloaded gmplayer from 'http://www.hostname.nu/~dls/' but when I try
to make it it says:

src/main.c:2: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [bin/gmplayer] Error 1

I have installed the GTK package from the SuSE CD.
What to do?
I just want to use mplayer/gmplayer with the skins in my WM (blackbox).

          Thanks  /  Aura