[MPlayer-users] gui interface and avi files

Horváth István suti at nuk.teteny.elte.hu
Sun Dec 16 15:29:08 CET 2001

> I have an avi file, say, movie.avi. When I use
> mplayer movie.avi
> I can see the movie.
> If I start mplayer in gui mode and open the file movie.avi
> I get an error:
> "Sorry, this file format no recognized/supported. If this is an AVI,
> ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author!"
> Any idea on what is happening?
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Gabriel Cardona
please be more specific, for example what codecs/dll/fourcc or something
else the movie needed. i think maybe the solution is to copy

<mplayerdir>/etc/codecs.conf ~/.mplayer/
and the same as example.conf to ~/.mplayer/config

maybe it will help you, but if not, see the section:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/codecs.html

and

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/codecs-status.html

best regards