[MPlayer-users] MPlayer refuses use of libcss?

Reinhard Brandstädter r.brandstaedter at gmx.at
Sun Dec 16 22:50:05 CET 2001

I have a strange Problem with latest MPlayer concerning decrypting of
DVDs (tried German Version of "Payback").

When I compiled MPlayer from latest CVS Snapshot configure reports DeCss
is detected.
MPlayer also plays other encrypted DVDs ("The Matrix" runs fine).

with "Payback" I only get
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read file
DOCS/cd-dvd.html

the funnies thing is that ogle (which uses the same library) plays this
fine.

Anyone any ideas about this stuff. Or can you confirm a problem with
"Payback" ?

kr,
Reinhard