[MPlayer-users] Re: LinuxWorld => "MPlayer: The project from hell"

John Evans nagzi at phreaker.net
Tue Dec 18 02:20:16 CET 2001

On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 19:09, SycOtiC Smith wrote:
> The problem I see with letting the script copy the file over for you is thus:
> What about any changes you have made to your codec.conf file?
>
> Some people have deleted/added lines to theirs, or switched the order of the codecs so one family
> of codecs will be found (thus, used) first.
>
> Just my idea why it shouldn't be an automatic thing.  But maybe add to check if the file exists,
> and if not, then copy it over?

Thats what the authour was talking about.  When you load MPlayer for
the first time, he was saying that it should check that all the files
that you need under .mplayer dir should be check to see if their there.
If there not then install them, if they are great no need to copy them.

|John Evans          |  It's unlawful to set a mousetrap without   |
|nagzi at phreaker.net  |  a hunting permit in Ohio. - Wilfred Blitch |