[MPlayer-users] Can't find VESA driver?

Bradley Rosser b_rosser at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 02:41:34 CET 2001

Hi.  I 'discovered' mplayer today, downloaded version 0.50, compiled it, it
works
great!  I'm running Linux 2.2.19.

What I'd very much like to do is use mplayer to play to my TV.  I have an
ATI Rage Fury Pro video card with the tv-out option.  From my reading of the
documentation I need to use the VESA output driver.  However when I do a
'mplayer -vo help' the driver isn't listed; nor can I find any mention of it
in the configure script.

The documentation also mentions a rage128_vid module for 'backend scaling'
but
I can't find any hint of this driver in the source either.

Can someone tell me how to configure/enable the VESA driver?  What stupid
mistake am I making?

Thanks,

Brad Rosser
b_rosser at hotmail.com