[MPlayer-users] firewalls needed :)

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Wed Dec 19 14:59:29 CET 2001

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 01:26:00PM +0100, SMuelas wrote:
> Well, thanks A'rpi. I didn't realize it. I will contact Gabucino.
>
> Now, this is a very serious point not related with mplayer. I have seen
> in your page something extremly important for me, namely the possibility
> of running protected DOS programs, 32 bits, under Linux.
> I have a Fortran 90 graphical program for displaying results of Finite
> Elements calculations. It has taken years to be made. I used it in "old
> times" to show my students how to deal with this kind of calculations.
> Nowadays, and as I was unable to implement it under Linux, I have done
> some others a lot simpler, but it seems that, according with what you
> say in your page, IT IS POSSIBLE to run the original one. It needs to
> make use of NAG extended compiler for Fortran 90 in DOS
> .
> I have tried to download your *.tar.gz file of DOSrun, but it has been
> impossible. Can you suggest anything?   Really, you will make a big
> service to a lot of students and they will know it... As usual, my
> program is totally free if you are interested   :-)

Ehhhhhhh ;-) Nice. dosrunner was developed by Arpi, then it was rewritten
by me under the name of 'DOSRUN'. However it's far from being perfect and
it CAN'T run 32 bit DOS apps (you mean DPMI, don't you). For that purpose,
use DOSEMU, it can offer DPMI for you AFAIK. BTW, dosrun is under heavy
rewriting (as usual :) by me, again.

- Gabor