[MPlayer-users] firewalls needed :)

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Wed Dec 19 18:26:38 CET 2001

It's the Question that drives us, D J Hawkey Jr :
> > Where? Matter of taste.. Send patch.
> Believe it or not, Gabucino, there are standards for documentation.
Be exact.

> You might try looking around at the sections of a man document, and
> start with that, rather than writing what you feel how you feel it,
> and then challenging others to improve it.
Be exact.

> > > c) requires an ENORMOUS amount of technical knowledge just to understand the
> > a, it's worth it
> "Matter of taste", no?
Absolutely.

> > > (like settting up GUI - why isn't there a configuration section?)
> > A what? Where? How? Why?
> Uh-huh. Right. Disavowing knowledge always helps.
Learn how to read.

--($:~/mplayer/src)-- ./configure --help | grep gui
  --enable-gui           enable GUI [disable]

> > It's alright for me :)
> A'rpi, are you paying attention to this? IMHO, where to start for "damage
> control" is rather obvious.
Be exact.

> > True, but Arpi just can't leave the list. It gives too much entertainment,
> > in days of heavy development :)
> Baiting the user is not an appropriate avenue for venting frustration.
> Must anyone really have to say this?
Yes, but luckily only for eastern people like us.

> Try screaming into a pillow.
Is that west^H^H^H^Hyour way?

> How about 1) more communication between you (docs) and A`rpi, et.al.
Do you know how much we communicate?

> (production), and 2) If you are "docs", document!
How? Be exact.

> Passing responsibility to the user community isn't the right approach.
> You all are "manufacturing" a "product". It doesn't matter if it's OSS
> or not. Take responsibility for all aspects of the product.
RTFM homepage :
   Standard Disclaimer:
   Use only at your own risk! There may be errors and inaccuracies that could
   be damaging to your system or your eye. Proceed with caution, and although
   this is highly unlikely, we don't take any responsibility for that!

> Why would you want to frustrate the same group that will ultimately
> make or break the success of MPlayer?
There are 2 types of OSS people. Some get frustrated. Some don't. The latter
ppl make MPlayer's success. You are the former. Join the other guy and
head for xmps. (has nice /matter of taste/ GUI!)

> > Gabucino
> Gabucino, so far you're the only one that is defending your current
> practices, and several have agreed (if only in part) with my observations.
> Even A`rpi has been mute on the subject, and he opened the discussion.
Don't make a fool of yourself. Why would A'rpi be interested in talking to
constantly whining users like you?

> Doesn't this tell you something?
Sure. I really should stop trying not-to-ban you.

--
Gabucino