[MPlayer-users] Re: firewalls needed :)

Daniel A. Nagy nagydani at mast.queensu.ca
Wed Dec 19 19:23:32 CET 2001

Hi,

I made a miskate, guys. I wrote a long letter aimed at the folks who were
pissed off by RTFMs. So here's a more concise one:

1. You're not a customer/client until you pay.
2. If you neither pay nor contribute, your opinion is irrelevant.

I know, it sounds harsh. But it seems like the more polite explanation
didn't reach you guys.

Gabucino's thunderbolts and flames in broken English (some of which would
sure surprise him, translated back to his native Hungarian :-) are also a
Bad Thing (tm), IMHO, but they're not unprovoked.

I'm sure, a more constructive approach than raw criticism will be much more
welcome.

Finally, OSS development is not a model of closed-source proprietary
development. It's a different world, where the motivations and hence the
strategies are completely different from those of geedware developers,
supporters and vendors. As JVS has once put it: "Our cause is right, the
victory will be ours!" :-)

Cheers,

--
Daniel

PS: I like the 1-800-MPLAYBOY joke.

PS2: I'm no big fan of uncle Joe, of course. But the quote is a good one and
goes well with ESR's "World Domination". :-)