[MPlayer-users] dga issue

Sipos Ferenc sferi at dumballah.tvnet.hu
Thu Dec 20 12:43:05 CET 2001

Hi!

I've downloaded mplayer 0.50 tarball, compiled, and made mplayer suid,
and it works with dga. The latest cvs works only if I su as root, even
if mplayer has the suid bit, don't understand. By the way, sdl:dga
crashes with signal 11 in module init_libvo. Hardware is athlon, nvidia,
software is xfree 4.1.0, nvidia binary driver, SDL-1.2.2-3 package under
redhat 7.2. I have compiled both with egcs, I know it's not the proper
compiler, but not 2.96. Hope, that it helps.

Paco