[MPlayer-users] mencoder encoding time?

SMuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Thu Dec 20 19:12:27 CET 2001

> No metter how brilliant this formula is, ain't it wrong - first 5 minutes
> of movie usually contains different style of scenes then the rest, thus
> both filesize and time of compression shouldn't be extrapolated using
> that. Or am I wrong and mencoder eats the same amount of time no metter
> how compilcated the scene is?
No, you are right. I made this horrible mistake encoding "Godfather". I
used a similar approach to the one of our marvelous mathematicians and I
obtained a total space needed of 1.2 Gb. Perfect for a couple of CD's.
Now I have 1.8Gb.... :-(
--
Santiago Muelas (Depto. de Mecánica)
http://w3.mecanica.upm.es/~smuelas
ETSI de Caminos, Canales y Puertos (U.P.M)    smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Dr.Aranguren s/n - Ciudad Universitaria       Tf. 91 336 6659
MADRID 28040