[MPlayer-users] Re: NO audio with mencoder

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Thu Dec 20 22:25:58 CET 2001

Olivier Robert <skyshadow at planet.nl> wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 December 2001 16:24, you wrote:

>> You have to completely turn of _any_ optimization-flags (no -march=
>> or -mcpu= and eve no -O2 or -O1, you have to force -O0) to achieve
>> something below 20. (It does not matter, if you use gcc-2.95,
>> gcc-3.0x or egcs 1.12)

> OK, I recompiled lame forcing to -O0 like that:
> CFLAGS="-O0" ./configure

> Result of make test:
> cmp -l testcase.new.mp3 ./testcase.mp3 | wc -l
>     20

> Result with mencoder:
> - head_check fails
> - audio seems to be encoded but I can't hear it when playing the .avi file.

As pl stated in his mail, the lame-coders changed the relevant part of
the doku concerning the differences. So, compiling lame with the options
configure guesses for your system should be ok and not the source of
your problems, if, of course, if you don't use gcc-2.97minus1, which indeed
can cause some very strange obscurances in combination with lame.

> Any other advices or hints to fix this audio problem?

Grab the latest CVS from lame, compile, and recompile mplayer/menconder
against those new libs. Be sure you have no cruft, like old header-files
from previous lame installations lying around and confusing both
configure and your compiler.

S°

--
Letzte Worte eines Richters: Schuldig!