[MPlayer-users] G4 Powerbook, LinuxPPC. works?

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Fri Dec 21 16:02:56 CET 2001

Hi Jason,

MPlayer depends on 2 kinds of codecs - native ones (DivX through ffmpeg if
I'm not mistaken - for example) and other Windows codecs using WineLib which
requires X86 compatible processor.

Basically you can compile MPlayer on Mac - but you'll be only be able to
watch movies that can be played with the native codecs. If you got some DivX
movies for example - then you can play it quite nicely under Mac.

Hope this helps,

Hetz