[MPlayer-users] DXR3

Aciel aciel at speakeasy.net
Fri Dec 21 21:41:43 CET 2001

You all probably get this question all the time, but I've checked
several places and can't figure it out. I've got an em8300 card (dxr3),
and I have therefore installed the corresponding driver. Then I compiled
MPlayer 0.50. When I try to run it, though, with:

# mplayer -vo dxr3 -ao dxr3 -dvd 1
MPlayer 0.50  (C) 2000-2001 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)

Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: 18 audio & 40 video codecs
font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
font: can't open file: /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
Invalid video output driver name: dxr3
Use '-vo help' to get a ist of available video drivers.

Exiting... (Fatal error)

How do I make mplayer read my dxr3 driver?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
John Woods
aciel at speakeasy.net