[MPlayer-users] Strange MPlayer behaviour...!?

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Sun Dec 23 03:31:56 CET 2001

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001 23:33:06 +0100
Frank Neurath <frank at neurath.org> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I downloaded the latest CVS and compiled it with the options
> --enable-gui and --enable-3dfx, since I use a Voodoo 3 3500 under X11
	enable-3dfx is to use the 3dfx framebuffer device (ie. graphic console) wich
	can't be used with X11 on the same time on the same card. This output driver
	is for console mode.

> 1. However, some didn't like the 3dfx videoout and ended with the error:
	Read here :
> Sorry, selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
	The device you try to use don't support the video format outputed by the codec.
	There is different formats (RGB, YUY2, YV12, etc) and the output driver you choose
	should be able to handlle this format in order to display it. Try another output driver (sdl,x11).
> Did I miss something?

> 2. I tried the xv videoout and could play the same avi with this command:
>
> mplayer -fs -vo xv <my_favorite_divx>.avi
>
> It ran fine and produced this output:
>
> --- START OUTPUT ---
> VO: [xv] 512x384 => 512x384 Packed YUY2 fs
	Cool on banshee YUY2 support is broken in the X11 server and provoke a server crash.
	Good it's work for you, but not with GUI. Stay with the command line 8·)

> But when I tried to view the same avi inside the gui - by commandline
> (mplayer -gui -vo xv <my_favorite_divx>.avi) or by selecting it inside
> the gui - the complete x-server restarted. I could pipe the following
> output to a file:

	Try with -v to have more information.