[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: mga_vid install doc

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Mon Dec 24 00:02:52 CET 2001

On Sunday 23 December 2001 21:49, Anssi Saari wrote:

> I suppose it would be nice, but is it correct? I guess RedHat
> and Debian at least use /lib/modules/uname -r/, but Robert
> Munro said Mandrake uses /lib/modules/video?  If it's going
> to be like this (different distros with different dirs), then
> maybe it's better make install doesn't copy it.

I can't believe even mandrake to be THAT fucked up. How would
you keep modules for different kernel versions apart if this
was true? Wouldn't even linux kernel "make modules_install"
bork if this was true?

Anyway, even in the unlikely event that this is true, you DON'T
have to run "make install" if you don't want to so I can't see
how it could hurt anyone at all. Worst I can think of right now
is it'll eat some bandwidth and even that probably less than
what mailing this (off topic) thread to everyone on the
mailinglist ate :)