[MPlayer-users] X11 crash : Fatal error caught signal 11 aborting

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Dec 24 17:06:00 CET 2001

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001 14:15:16 +0100
Tharkun <tharkun at gmx.de> wrote:

> But there is another error with the same avi. When I play it with -vo xv (or
> -vo sdl which uses xv output too) my X crashes. No core dump or anything just
> "Fatal error caught signal 11 aborting". When I use normal -vo x11 it works
> ok.
>
> How can I give more information on that ?

	When your X server crash it's an X server bug. Probaly in the vo driver,
	note that YUY2 is broken on 3dfx. You can pipe the output of mplayer to a file
	and then look at a line like this VO: [xv] 512x384 => 512x384 Packed YUY2.
	Then you will know wich format is broken on your hardware (in this exemple YUY2).
		Albeu