[MPlayer-users] Some bugs occured at my PC

SycOtiC Smith sycotic at onebox.com
Mon Dec 24 17:53:37 CET 2001

Try changing consoles (ALT-F2, F3, etc) since when running X it captures the console it was run from.
 (Did you ever RTFM for X before running it?  Or maybe the xinit docs?  It tells us the server keeps
running until our 'magic' application finishes, which is usually the windowmanager.)  This is basic
Linux you should already know.  Then you _should_ be able to run VESA on the first display if you
switch tty's.

Anyone else have other reading suggestions for him?

/S. Smith

PS. If I sounded rude, you were reading more into it than what was written.  This is just from one
USER to another USER.