[MPlayer-users] ANNOUNCE: MPlayer 0.60pre1

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Dec 25 00:33:20 CET 2001

Hi,

We promised a release for Xmas. But we aren't statisfied with current code
(there are still a few things to be fixed) so it's a pre-release only.
It's based on today CVS (after fixed -vc/-vfm sig11), it's stable, working
code. it also includes libavcodec from ffmpeg.

w32codecs pack is updated too, and we switched from .zip to .tar.bz2
(smaller size and less useless downloads by windows users)
updates are small (vivo and a few special codecs added), and there is a
small diff package available too. it won't change in near future.

please try it, use it, test it!
if you don't report more problems, it will be the release later!
if you find bugs, problems, small ASAP feature requests, report them ASAP!

for CVS users:
if you have today CVS, it's ok, not needed to download 0.60pre1.
if you still have the -vc/-vfm sig11, then delete mplayer.c and do cvs update

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu