[MPlayer-users] mencoder inverse telecine and skipped frames

Tim U. mplayer at tetro.net
Mon Dec 24 22:39:42 CET 2001

> Hi,
>
> use -ofps 23.976 instead of -ofps 24
> also using -mc 0 is recommended to avoid skipping/duplicating frames.

     I changed the FPS to 23.976 and added the -mc 0 option as you suggested,
but there are still a couple series "skip frame!!!" messages close together,
which are very noticeable when playing the resulting AVI.

     I noticed that this time there were less duplicate frame messages this
time around, and possibly less skip frame messages, but the two scenes where
the skipped frames are most noticeable still look the same.

     I wish I had a better idea of what is going wrong so that I could help
fix it instead of just complaining about it.

  - Tim