[MPlayer-users] on slashdot again

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Wed Dec 26 21:23:38 CET 2001

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, Jacek [iso-8859-2] Pop³awski wrote:

> Mplayer is on slashdot again, but I think you should do something, becouse:
> "The latest version of the controversial MPlayer program...". What the hell is
> "controversial" ? Probably that guys didn't read arpi post, but maybe someone
> should talk to them.

	It's possible that "controversial" has to do with the fact that
MPlayer has garnered a reputation as being run by a bunch of jerks (not
saying this is true, but that's the reputation). Plus, there have been the
tiffs with Red Hat over gcc, and multiple groups regarding binary
packaging.

	I'm not saying that I care about any of the controversy...I just
sit back and code up as many decoders as possible...
--
	-Mike Melanson