[MPlayer-users] dvd-playing

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Thu Dec 27 01:44:57 CET 2001

Hi

On certain dvds I wanted to watch (Cowboy Bebop for example) I
needed to find the rigth titleid out of 20 possible ones.
Has anyone an idea or existing solution how to play those
dvds with mplayer?
I heard something about dvdnav to be included...
Are there other ways, without the need of a dvd-menu?

btw. some other ideas for keyboard controls which just came
into my mind:
 - possibility to change subtitles/language/titleid with keyboard control
 - the last one would need an option to play the whole dvd
 - possibiliy to play the movie faster or slower instead of
   "jumping" backward or forward
 - save position
 - take screenshots

On other dvds (german Face Off for example) the -v options showed
wrong information about the subtitle language.

As always, I just try to give you some ideas how to improve my
favourite player. But it seems that you're already bombed by new
ideas/feature requests and stupid rtfm questions like this.

Sorry,

Jonas