[MPlayer-users] Quicktime Problems

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Thu Dec 27 14:57:47 CET 2001

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Patrick C wrote:

> I can't get quicktime .mov files to play. I've tried old and new ones, none
> will work. I did get distorted audio on one, though:
[...]
> Fourcc: SVQ1  Codec: 'Sorenson Video'

	As some have pointed out (and is documented in the
manual) Sorenson video is not supported. It's hard to explain, but it just
isn't supported right now.

> --------------
> MOV track: 126 chunks, 0 samples
> pts=1386880  scale=22050  time=62.897
> Audio bits: 16  chans: 1
> Fourcc: Qclp

	I've never seen this FOURCC before...'Qclp'. A web search reveals
that this is Qualcomm PureVoice(TM). I thought maybe there was a codec for
doing some sort of Qualcomm codec. Anyone have anymore info?

	This is the first media I've ever seen for Qclp. Can you upload it
to the MPlayer FTP incoming directory please? I'd like to examine it.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson