[MPlayer-users] Movie-Aspect problems

Peter Magnusson iocc at flashdance.cx
Thu Dec 27 19:17:29 CET 2001

Hello.

At last, i must tell your about my problems as you dont seem to have
noticed them from others or by yourselfs. For about a year ago i noticed
this but thought you should figure out that something was wrong and fix it.

Today i compiled MPlayer-0.60pre1 and configured it.. divx and VCD MPEG
videos will have the right aspect ratio, but that worked fine for about a
year ago too. But on musicvideos the aspect ratio will get WRONG. On ALL
musicvideos that i have (i have alot!), both MPEG and MPEG2 musicvideos.

And i ask why? Its even no option to stop mplayer from doing this:

MPEG:

Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [x11] 352x288 => 384x288 Planar YV12 fs vm zoom

MPEG2:

Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [x11] 480x576 => 768x576 Planar YV12 fs vm zoom

its doing wrong! When its doing like this i will only see the center of the
musicvideo. Not the borders (in fullscreen)... they will be outside of the
screen.

All other MPEG players do this right, xmovie for example do it right.
But with mplayer i will get better quality than ALL other MPEG players, and
less CPU usage... So i really want to use mplayer instead. But this have
stopped me. It doesnt matter with kind of gfxcard i have (right now im
using my laptop, only x11 worked good on that), it will be the same on all.

Is this is a bug?
Have i missed some cfg option?
Why dont it do right by DEFAULT?

Do you want any musicvideos that will get wrong aspect ratio so you can see
by yourselfs?