[MPlayer-users] cannot compile mplayer > 0.5

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Sat Dec 29 00:59:10 CET 2001

>	If you don't care about encoding MPEG files with the program, you
>can leave out the libmp1e module entirely with:
>  ./configure --disable-mp1e
>Not a perfect solution, but it will probably get the decoder portion of
>the program working.
>
>	Hope this helps...
>--
>	-Mike Melanson

Actually libmp1e is currently used for dxr3 output only. When I get
around to cleaning it (it's a friggin mess) I'm hoping support will be
added to mencoder to use it (I'll likely add that support myself)...
Latest cvs disables libmp1e unless it finds a dxr3, this will be the
functionality of 0.60pre2 as well.

//David Holm