[MPlayer-users] build inconsistencies with missing libmp3lame

Brian J. Murrell 4a0d94a7bc89f1e7d74a6c5d187da7a4 at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Dec 30 17:00:30 CET 2001

I am building Mplayer on my new "pvr-out" box which I have quite
stripped down in terms of software loaded on it.  I don't really care
to build mencoder on this box because it is for playing only, not
recording.

So with respect to that I have not loaded the mp3lame stuff on this
box.  The build fails however because configure enables mencoder
building even though libmp3lame is not present on my machine.

The source files seem to deal with the missing mp3lame headers fair
enough with an "HAVE_MP3LAME" preprocessor switch around all of the
mp3lame specific parts, however the actual Makefile has the following
rule in it:

ifeq ($(MENCODER),yes)
$(PRG_MENCODER): $(MENCODER_DEP)
    $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o $(PRG_MENCODER) $(OBJS_MENCODER) $(CODEC_LIBS) -Llibmpdemux -lmpdemux $(LIB_LOADER) $(GUI_LIBS) $(COMMON_LIBS) -lmp3lame $(A_LIBS) $(CSS_LIB) $(GTK_LIBS) $(PNG_LIB) $(Z_LIB) $(ARCH_LIB) $(DECORE_LIB) $(ENCORE_LIB) $(TERMCAP_LIB) -lm
endif

(notice the -lmp3lame hard coded in there)

however.

One of two things need to happen I think:

a) put a detection in configure for libmp3lame and disable building of
mencoder if it's not found, or

b) make -lmp3lame a variable (such as $(LIB_MP3LAME) and only set it
if configure finds the libmp3lame library.

Thots?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell