[MPlayer-users] using VESA and radeon image is purple where black should be

Brian J. Murrell 68cfe225a53f2417834dd6ac64cd7542 at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Dec 30 17:49:58 CET 2001

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 11:32:43AM -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> Got my new Radeon installed in my new Mplayer box and want to use VESA
> mode for display.  It all seems to work (even TV-Out!!), however the
> picture seems to be purple where it should be black.

Hmmmm.  After a reboot (and connecting the cable to the TV -- I was
just using the monitor before) the problem seems to have gone away.

I am not convinced that mplayer is using the BES on the Radeon card.
How can I determine if it is?  Mplayer seems to be using up 80+% of an
AMD K6-300.  I am sure I saw it around 40% last night.  The output on
the TV also looks as jerky as my non-BES TV-Out card.  I was thinking
"sweeping" motions would be a lot smoother with this card due to the
BES.

The command line I am using is:

[root at pvr root]# /usr/src/mplayer/k6/mplayer -fs -ao alsa5 -vo vesa:lvo:/dev/radeon_vid <mpeg_file>

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell