[MPlayer-users] Volume Control Suggestion

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Mon Dec 31 09:57:25 CET 2001

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001 15:03:50 -0500 (EST)
Hui Zhang <huiz at gradient.cis.upenn.edu> wrote:

> At the moment, changing the mplayer volume will change the system wide
> volume setting.  So I have to turn off my mp3 player before turning up the
> mplayer volume.  Is there a way to have the mplayer change its volume
> within the range set by the system wide setting?

You can change either the master volume or the PCM volume (RTFM for the keys),
but both are systemwide settings (as they are on the soundcard itself).
Everything else would require that mplayer does it itself by calculating
and you dont want that.

		Attila Kinali

--
I am a moslem, i am a terrorist.