[MPlayer-users] --enable-largefile not working?

Martin Maciaszek mmaciaszek at gmx.net
Mon Dec 31 11:54:23 CET 2001

I tired to play an 2.4GB large DivX on Linux (glibc 2.2, Kernel 2.4.17). My
first attept failed because I didn't compile in support for large files.
But even after compiling with --enable-largefile it didn't work. The movie
stops prematurely. I took a closer look with strace which confirmed that
mplayer still uses seek which can only access 2GB. I searched the mailing
list archives and the FAQs. No mention of this problem.

Cheers
Martin