[MPlayer-users] using VESA and radeon image is purple where black should be

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Mon Dec 31 17:48:28 CET 2001

Hello, Brian!

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:26:15 -0500 you wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 07:11:04PM +0300, Nick Kurshev wrote:
[snip]

> > > NVidia:
> > >     - binary drivers
> > >     - will always be dependent on vendor for support (what happens
> > >       if/when NVidia decides to abandon Linux?)
> > >
> > After that ATI have licenced other vendors you may get problems too if you purchase
> > not native card.
>
> I appologize, but the language bridge is breaking down.  I am not sure
> what you are saying about ATI and licensing and how that would affect
> NVidia.

I meant that now - not only ATI manufactures video cards which are based on ATI chipset.
(But year ago such situation was impossible).
Same as NVidia produces only chips but there are lots of third firms which manufacture
nvidia-chip based videocards. (Such as ASUS, KYRO and other)
When I said not native - I mean third firm.
(I have report that on non original ATI cards are problems.)