[mplayer] Re: MPEG-2 sound problem

Paul Holcomb mplayer at blue.cpoint.net
Fri Feb 23 17:49:56 CET 2001

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 11:05:28AM -0600, Paul Holcomb wrote:
> > Have you tried the #undef HAVE_AUDIO_SELECT ?

 Ok, this fixed the video/sound problems for the most part.  The sound
 looks synched with the MPEG2, but is a little bit off for DivX ;-)
 stuff.

 Unfortunately, the sound is now very crappy, even though all the D/A
 isn't even happening on the sound card.  Does anyone know of a well
 supported card with low distortion on the analog connectors and a
 S/PIDF coax output?  I'm assuming that I should also look for one
 with alsa support.

--
Paul Holcomb                               *pholcomb    \@      cpoint  net*
Sr. Network Engineer                       Counterpoint Networking, Inc.