[mplayer] Re: MPEG-2 sound problem

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Feb 24 06:47:54 CET 2001

Hi,

> > > Have you tried the #undef HAVE_AUDIO_SELECT ?
>
>  Ok, this fixed the video/sound problems for the most part.  The sound
>  looks synched with the MPEG2, but is a little bit off for DivX ;-)
>  stuff.
There are many tricks for AVI file sync.
Try them:
-alsa/-noalsa
-bps/-nobps
-ni
And if you have a constant delay, you can correct ir:
-abs <value>
-delay <value>

I recommend the -abs option, it's for specify the audio buffer size.
Normally, you have to find it once, and it will works for all your files.
The value should be buffer size in bytes, usually 16384/32768/65536/.../
262144

It's autodetected for cards with working select(), but your hasn't...

>  Unfortunately, the sound is now very crappy, even though all the D/A
>  isn't even happening on the sound card.  Does anyone know of a well
>  supported card with low distortion on the analog connectors and a
>  S/PIDF coax output?  I'm assuming that I should also look for one
>  with alsa support.
What about SB Live!  ?
I have it, and it's great. It has ALSA driver too, but I'm using the
OSS-compatible (it is not OSS, because it is not developed by OSS,
it's opensource at creative.com).

It has digital in/out, but i don't know how is it supported and
how is it works, i'm using only the two analog output (one for
amplifier and one for my TV when watching divx)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu