[mplayer] Re: pgm output

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Feb 27 07:50:35 CET 2001

Hi,

> You should fix you're In-Reply-To headers, my mutt threading doesn't run with your mails!
I know... i'll fix it once, but not now.

> Then to run a DiVx movie with the w32 codec with that 'cache' stuff?
>  mplayer -vo pgm ? then it wouln't go through Xv, would it?
I don't understant this...
What 'cache' stuff you're talking about? There is only one cache code
in mplayer, for VCD sector reading, but it's disabled.

What's the relation between pgm driver and xv???
pgm is a file format (one pic / frame), while Xv is an X4 extension...

.pgm (and md5sum) output drivers are broken, because draw_slice() isn't
yet implement in them. mpeg-based codecs uses draw_slice(), so playing
mpeg with -vo pgm will result empty (black) images.
divx and other w32 codecs should work with -vo pgm or -vo md5, because
it uses draw_frame(), it's implemented there.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu