[Mplayer-users] problems toggling fullscreen mode with SDL

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 1 09:47:06 CEST 2001

On Saturday, 30. June 2001 17:03, you wrote:
> I have a PIII 600Mhz., NVidia TNT2 M64, kernel 2.4.5,
> XFree86 4.0.3, SDL 1.1.7, and gcc-2.96 on an Redhat
> 7.1 box. With MPlayer 0.18 pre3, whenever I toggle
> fullscreen mode with the 'f' key, the video goes
> really slow, and the audio stops playing. I am using
> fullscreen with SDL because with xv, the fullscreen
> mode is coming as a maximised window (KDE 2.1.2). This
>  problem did not occur with ideg-counter. How can I
> work around this? Thans
hmm what output driver do you use? Do you have software or hardware scaling
(sw scaler is slooow). Maybe SDL isn't using the XVideo extension so try with
-forcexv.
Aah, hmm you use SDL 1.1.7 maybe it only works with 1.1.8+ never tried that
old version, try upgrading SDLlib to v1.2.1.
--
Best Regards,
   Felix