[Mplayer-users] 0.18pre4 released with native divx codec :)

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Fri Jul 6 16:56:31 CEST 2001

Hi, Arpi!

On 2001-07-06 10:46:01 you wrote:

>I'm planning an -ac / -vc option, similar to -ao/-vo but for codec
>selection. Anyone interested in coding it? (i'll be away a week from today)

IMHO - it's bad idea. I think win32 stuff must die as soon as possible ;)
If we have alternative opensource code (btw GPL'ed) - we must prefer
native stuff and remove win32 stuff. It can be optimized better that
proprietary closed codecs. It required less resources - like wine, dshow
and so on. It has the future.

Best regards! Nick (2001-07-06 14:50:27)