[Mplayer-users] 0.18pre4 released with native divx codec :)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jul 7 17:53:48 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > - included libavcodec from Gerard Lantau's FFmpeg package
> >   it has native (not Win32 hack) DivX ;-) and OpenDivX codec!
> >   I made some measurements, and DivX seems to be even faster
> >   than DirectShow codec without preprocessing, and only a few
> >   percent slower than ProjectMayo's opendivx decoder.
> >   It uses YV12 pixel format, so old Voodoo users can use it for YUV.
>
> I've just commited a minor hack:
> you can select driver type with command line option so no more codecs.conf

You must chaneg this option to -vfm, to be consistent (it has the same
function as -afm).
Btw I prefer new option pair -ac and -vc to select audio and video codec
by _name_, not driver code.

> editing is needed for testing mplayer with different codecs. AFAIK:
>
> -vcodec 1		?
libmpeg2

> -vcodec 2		wfv codec
> -vcodec 3		?
opendivx decore

> -vcodec 4		dshow codec
> -vcodec 5		ffmpeg codec
>
> Sorry I don't know too much on codec types so maybe a better config option
> range (the integer) checking is needed.
>
> Also, a better option name would be great ;-)
>
> If mplayer fails to find codec with the specified drv type it will default
> to the normal codec searching loop ignoring your request.

> On my machine ffmpeg divx is slower than both of dshow and wfv codecs :(
I'll make some benchmarks again. It seemed to be faster for me last time...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu