[Mplayer-users] dvd subtitles

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Jul 7 22:45:54 CEST 2001

On Sat, 7 Jul 2001 18:59:06 +0200 (CEST) Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> It's partially implemented, at least my demuxer reads subtitles (if you
> selected dvd subtitle with -sid option), but dvd sub rendering has not been
> implemented yet. It is 4-color bitmap with transparency, so libvo should
> have such renderer.
> (divx subtitles are plain text, so it's totally different thing)

Little remark: i got a divx which seems to have a dvd sub file:
---schnipp---
attila at pc-attila:~/anime/saber_marionette# ls
index.html                   Saber Marionette J - 04.idx
Saber Marionette J - 04.avi  Saber Marionette J - 04.sub

attila at pc-attila:~/anime/saber_marionette# file Saber\ Marionette\ J\ -\ 04.sub
Saber Marionette J - 04.sub: MPEG system stream data
---schnapp---

No, mplayer cant play the .sub file, i tried it :-)

Would be nice to have this working too, when dvd sub rendere works.

			Attila Kinali

--
Man who sink into womans arms soon have arms in womans sink.