[Mplayer-users] mplayer halts with signal 4

Owen Cheng zenoolon at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 06:12:51 CEST 2001

Hello,

I just downloaded, successfully compiled, and installed MPlayer 0.17a, with
SDL 1.1.8 (I tested the SDL library using its test scripts, and all tests
pass).  But when I tried to play a DivX format AVI file (The Matrix, stored
on local harddisk, size 557 MB), the player runs okay until the line "Start
playing..." is printed, and then halts with signal 4.  I do not know what
signal 4 is, nor could I find this in the DOCS nor search it on the List
(because the search script is broken).

I tried changing to root and playing, with the same result.  Here's my
computer info:

Kernel:   Linux 2.2.16 #8 Wed Jan 24 17:08:47 EST 2001 i686 unknown
Distrib:  Redhat 6.2 + glibc 2.1.3-22
gcc:      gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
binutils: GNU assembler 2.9.5
X11:      XFree86 3.3.6 +
video:    Matrox Millennium G400 16MB
sound:    Creative SBLive! with OSS (kernel)
cpu:      Intel Pentium III 733MHZ

Attached is the play log with -v option.  Thanks for your help.

--
Owen Cheng
Y1.PhD.Student