[Mplayer-users] plugins

joshua joshua at openverse.org
Mon Jul 9 09:31:09 CEST 2001

Guys, your player seems really well worked on and you have a dilegent group of people coding for it, but theres one thing I would really like to see somebody make. This would be a plugin for xmms. It wouldnt be too hard to make I dont think (wish I could do it myself). It would basically use xmms as the gui for mplayer, perhaps with the setup having the options and checkboxes for selecting which types of media to use mplayer for. I like the xmms gui, but sometimes the video support can be kinda buggy and this would go perfect together. Maybe you are against the idea and this is why you haven't done it yet, but I like using xmms for all my media and if xmms could gain the performance of the mplayer libs it would be one of the best media players EVER known to man period haha

ok enough blabbering
Joshua