[Mplayer-users] a suggestion ..

Yang Hyun latehyun at magicn.com
Mon Jul 9 15:28:19 CEST 2001

  hi !  Mplayer Team !!
  (I am not english user, so pardon me :)

  I am a fan of Mplayer  and love to use  the Mplayer  for my video files.

  I found that functions of "idtc_mmx.c" was  called  many time.
  I have heard  Macro Functions are better than Inline Functions  in Speed .

  I think  the functions of "idtc_mmx.c" is easy to be chaged to Macro func.

   eg) block_copy,block_add function

  and there are many codes which  must be  chaged to  "shift operator" .

   eg)   DCT_offset = stride * 8;
        -> DCT_offset = stride << 3;

         val = (val*qus*qum[j]) / 32;
        -> val = (val*qus*qum[j]) >> 5 ;

  Don't be angly about  my suggestion.
  I just want to help you ... (I am rookey  about C compiler)

and  I found a wonderful thing.

      my system k2-500Mhz
      when playing  a same MPEG1 file,

         in win98'   Media Play  uses      30% cpu,
	but         Mplayer     uses   10~15% cpu

  I hope the Mplayer will be the best player of the world !

  Have a nice day !! mplayer team !

  from  a lazybone ....
  (I want to be a SKINMAKER.  What do I do ?)