[Mplayer-users] fullscreen mode in -vo sdl

Juha Poutiainen pode at tut.fi
Tue Jul 10 19:07:57 CEST 2001

Hi

At the moment, if running 'mplayer -vo sdl file' and switching to
fullscreen by pressing 'f', it seems to go to fullscreen in a way like
when using '-zoom'. That makes it to change screenmode, which is
unnecessary, when Xv is available.

So.. is there any way to make default screenmode to be the same as the
current screenmode in X.

It feels annoying to change fullscreen resolution every time. I want
to use highest available resolution available, because it looks
better, and doesn't make it any slower anyway. And I know one
workaround would be to remove all lower screenmodes from XFree's
config, but for other reasons I don't want to do that. I like to use
sdl output (instead of Xv), because it's the only way to go to
fullscreen and back to window, while playing.

Thanks.

and even as this is not a bugreport (I think :), I put info of my
system here, (if it does matter...):

 System
  Distr.    : Debian unstable (updated daily)
  Kernel    : 2.4.6 (source from debian, custom compil.)
  libc      : 2.2.3
  X version : 4.1.0 (4.1.0-0pre1v3 branden's .deb's)
  gcc       : gcc version 2.95.4 20010703 (Debian prerelease)
  ld        : GNU ld version 2.11.90.0.7 (with BFD 2.11.90.0.7)
  mplayer   : MPlayer 0.17cvs-010710-19:08

 Hardware
  CPU       : Intel CeleronII 800MHz (not overclocked)
  vidcard   : Hercules ProphetII pro (gf2pro 64MB ddr)
  vid driver: NVidia's binary driver 1.0-1251 (nvagp @ 2x)
  snd card  : Creative SB64PCI (OSS drivers from kernel)

--
*  Juha Poutiainen