[Mplayer-users] Mplayer output

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jul 12 20:26:00 CEST 2001

Hi,

> After adding libavcodec to mplayer, it contains additional outputs.
> When I executed mplayer -vo help I've got:
> Available video output drivers:

> 	odivx	OpenDivX AVI File writer
it is a half-hour hack, just for testing opendivx codec.
it doesn't support audio, and quite useless.

> Well but there is only one writer: odivx, but imho new stuff contain much more
> writers: divx-msmpeg4, mpeg1, mpeg2, ac3, and I'm not sure but about mp3.
>
> Do you plan to expand mplayer's features with these outputs? Or they are unstable?
yes, of course, but later. mplayer will have grabbing/conversion features,
after i've implemented some libmuxer stuff. ffmpeg's file writters are
buggy, but they are a good codebase for start. but i repeat: it will be done
LATER. now we have some more important things to do.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu