[Mplayer-users] sound pitching problem with DivX streams!

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 12 23:34:04 CEST 2001

On Thursday, 12. July 2001 21:07, you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I´ve encountered a sound pitching problem when playing divx movies.
> The sound is pitched too slow, but the movie plays totally smooth.
> The problem appears with all mplayer versions!!!!
This usually happens with soundcards/drivers that don't support 48kHz. Please
check mplayer output if the divx has 48kHz sound and try with another that
has 44kHz and check if it's ok then.

> My System:
>
> SuSE 7.2
> Kernel 2.4.6 SMP
> X-Version 4.10
> NVIDIA Driver 1.0.1241
> KDE 2.2B1
>
> Hardware:
>
> DUAL PII 450
> 512 MByte RAM
> GeForce 256
> SB AWE 64 Gold ISA
>
> If you need more information, please let me know!
what soundcard driver do you use?
ie. oss driver from creative, kernel's oss driver, alsa 0.5 oss emulation
with -ao oss or native alsa with -ao alsa5, alsa 0.9 oss emulation...

And please also check if the driver you use supports 48kHz samplerate.

--
Best Regards,
   Felix