[Mplayer-users] Elementary streams (ES)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jul 17 11:27:22 CEST 2001

Hi,

> >> how expensive is it? i've found info only on a russian site, but no
> >> prices at all...
> >>
> >> or you still can get one for me, for driver development?
>
> > well ... the most popular of this cards (in austria) is the Hauppauge
> > (German Manufactor), it costs about 3500 ATS this are about 64.400,90
> > Hungarian "Forint"  .. i believe ...
>
> > with this card you can watch digital SAT ... but if you want to watch
> > pay-tv .. it will get more expensive ;-)
> Siemens DVB card costs 500DM + 150DM if you want the Pay-TV extension,
> so that's 650DM = 83,854.93HUF.

hmm. it is not so expensive.
btw i also need the satellite receiver equipment too. i have a very old
80cm "antenna", using it for receiving analog radios from Astra.
i dunno if it's enough for digital data.

and which card (hauppage or siemens) is preferred?
i mean available open register-level docs, linux drivers for capture/send
streams, control tuner etc.

> > well, i must ask if I now could get such a card ... but weeks ago the
> > told me only to lend me one ...
>
> > are you now interested in it ?
> of course he is, else he wouldn't ask, and Arpi know stuff but driver
> development...
yes

i wanna try it, and if it seems to be usable under linux (i can develop
tools and mplayer support for it) i'll buy one.
i like this DVB image quality :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu