[Mplayer-users] vo_png.c problems?

jason pepas j.pepas at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 19 01:11:19 CEST 2001

Just wanted to thank you for your help.  It took a few more steps, but I got it working.

I have started writing up an (incomplete) tutorial for newbies to help them install mplayer on debian.
http://jason.pepas.com/linux/tutorials/mplayer.php
I figured you guys might throw this link to newbies who post to the list.

Also, I have been working on a dvd playback script, and thought I would share it with you guys.  Any feedback/commentary is of course welcome. (be warned though - I am pretty sure this script could open up some security risks, like running X as root, etc).

usage:
just log in as root at the console (without x running) and type 'dvd'.
to jump to the next file just hit 'q'.

file: dvd (goes in /sbin)
#!/bin/sh
mount /dev/hdb /cdrom
DVD="mplayer -dvdauth /dev/hdb /cdrom/video_ts/vts_01_1.vob"
xinit -g 102x39 -fn 10x20 -rv -e "playdvd"
umount /cdrom

file: playdvd (goes in /sbin)
#!/bin/sh
for i in `ls /cdrom/video_ts/*.vob`