[Mplayer-users] New features...

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sun Jul 22 21:42:23 CEST 2001

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 09:25:06PM +0200, Christoph Lampert wrote:
> Oh yes, and a --shutup option that makes mplayer _not_ use
> stdout for anything. That way is will one day be possible
> to use stdout as output-device, like pgmpipe in mpeg2decode.

Hmmm, this sounds good. IMHO the best solution would be changing printf's
to mprintf or whatever ... That function would check a variable if output
can be used or not. And we would have got an option to write messages into
a specified file WHILE using stdout for output device or something similar.
Also that function should be WELL designed with eg categories to be able
to use with GUI as well without major modification of source for future
GUI.

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!