[Mplayer-users] New features...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jul 22 23:54:36 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I asked this before, but maybe times have changed...
>
> I'd like to have a   +1 frame  key, e.g. 's' in PAUSEd mode
> I'd like to have an OSD setting "timer without seekbar"
> I'd like to have different mode for OSD-timer:
> hh:mm:ss, hh:mm:ss:(framenr mod framerate), absolute framenr
>
> I'd also like the status line
> V:   9.9  A-V:  0.695 ct:  0.682  299  97%  0% 34.5% 291
> (at least A-V and percentages) be visible as OSD...

I won't touch OSD code before libvo2 is finished, because it will be
totally rewritten.

> Maybe <Home> for jumping to beginning of file? I don't think
> the key is used yet.
yes, it's possible.

> Oh yes, and a --shutup option that makes mplayer _not_ use
> stdout for anything. That way is will one day be possible
> to use stdout as output-device, like pgmpipe in mpeg2decode.
Not too simple...
code is full of printf and fprintf lines... i don't want to
change all of them... and redirecting stdout>/dev/null doesn't
allow you to use for example pgmout.

> Oh, this is almost like christmas ;-)
>
> When skipping single frames, sound is not important, it can
> be switched off, or desynchronize or whatever, I don't care.
I already implemented it about a month ago, but i couldn't solve
audio desyncronization, so i didn't commited.
(it allowed using right arror to step one frame in pause mode)

> Is there an option to give a different path/filename for codecs.conf?
> I could not find any...
Vladimir's --datadir= ?

> Oh, and I still don't know why mplayer exists, when I press <RETURN>
> I think, ESC and q is enough for that...
Because I like it. Just press enter in mc on a file, it start playing.
press enter again if you want to exit and try next file.
when i check 200+ files (testing stage) it's very usefull.

if you don't like it, just comment it out in mplayer.c

maybe a key layout configuration file will be added later.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu