[Mplayer-users] New features...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 23 00:07:27 CEST 2001

Hi,

> btw. I also thought bout something like verbose classes, let's have
> class 1 which is for main mplayer code, 2 for demuxer, 4 for ao, I
> thinkl you get the idea, so if you want to debug only demuxer and ao
> you'd use -v 6. It would make verbose output more usefull for specific
> tasks.

i also thought this :)
but.
it's called flags, not classes :)

but, it is not enough.
current verbose leevls are verbose levels.
if you use -v, only get some detailed info.
with -2, you get basic info from demuxer, like state of buffers.
with -4, you get very detailed info from demuxer, including hex dump
of headers, etc.
if we're using flags, we should also include levels too.

for example, in the code we can combine these:
mprintf(MPLOG_DEMUXER,4,"header: %x %x %x %x\n",p[0],p[1],p[2],p[3])

use could use class names instead of numbers:

mplayer -d demux=3 -d cache=2 -d decaudio=0 file.avi

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu